Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
The Demand Manager is responsible for coordinating all sales forecasting activities associated with customers and products. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. The Demand Manager will create and maintain forecasts for systems, spare parts, and services (i.e., product families), integrating forecast information gathered from the sales and marketing team with historical sales data, market trends, and other information that may be available.
The Demand Manager will provide forecast information to the SVP, Sales & Marketing in support of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process, and will lead the Demand Consensus Meeting each month. He/She will coordinate with Marketing Directors to ensure the forecasting process is finalized to meet the timetable for Pre-S&OP and S&OP meetings.
- • Work with sales & marketing to understand demand forecast drivers.
- • Coordinate with Sales & Marketing to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- • Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- • Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- • Coordinate cross-functional activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- • Provide demand input into the Demand Consensus Meeting.
- • Represent Sales & Marketing in the Pre-S&OP and the Demand Consensus meetings.
- • Provide input to the Supply Chain organization in developing desired lead times, customer service levels, and inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- • Establish and maintain forecast performance measurement and evaluation of deviations, and prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process.
BS/BA degree in Math, Statistics, or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- - Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- - Two (2) years minimum experience in discrete sales forecasting methods
- - Experience in international sales forecasting in a B2G environment
- - Proficiency in the use of Lawson M3 ERP Software
- - Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- - Experience in Sales & Operations Planning Process for discrete sales
- - Experience in optimizing lead times, service levels, and inventory levels based on statistical demand.
- - This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills
- - Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process
- - Good facilitation skills are required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
Buyer/ExpeditorPublished on 12/17/2020Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Buyer IIIPublished on 12/17/2020Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support
Sr. Quality Control InspectorPublished on 12/17/2020Aston, United States Regular Full time Customer services and support